2011/08/09

Happy 46th birthday Singapore!

School started last Monday but we only had one day until we had our first holiday! Singapore's national day is celebrated on the 9th of August in commemoration of their independence from Malaysia. We went to Marina Bay to watch the celebrations which consisted of parades, shows and much more, unfortunately we missed most activities due to our late arrival and the huge amount of people in central Singapore. But we did get to see helicopters carrying flags, jet-fighters flying in formation and of course the spectacular Marina Bay fireworks!

Why shoot from the ground when you can shoot from a skyscraper?


And as the fireworks continued and the gunpowder smoke got thicker, the fireworks started to look more and more like a nebula or some other astronomical phenomena.


Today I'm free from school again as my course in Chinese begins in next week. I've heard that undergrads can join research groups here, I don't know if exchange students are allowed to do it but since I'm here for two semesters I'm going try and look up some physics professor and see if I can join up!

No comments:

Post a Comment