2011/10/30

It's hot. How hot is it?


Okay, I think I've already used that joke in my blog but we all know McDonalds coffee never really solves any problems. But I must say, it's really hot in our apartment right now and I don't think coffee will make it better.



It's been a while since the last update, haven't really known what to write about and I have unfortunately not really taken that many pictures and then it feels like you need to put more effort in to the text but whatever. Anyway I thought I'd make a wrap in an efficient point form list.

- Big thing that have happened since last time: me and Linda broke up soon after recess. It had been on the decline for some time and eventually it became official. It's a bit sad but it gives us both more freedom which probably both of us need this time in our lives.

- I have a desk now thanks to being part of the research projects (which is going rather well I must say; everyday I'm Matlabbin'). I share with another undergraduate physicist from our group, Minh, but it's a big desk and Minh is good company! So the desk is located in the Nonlinear and Complex Systems Lab but it's a theoretical physics lab which means that the lab is more of an office than what most people consider a lab.



- I've received the results from some mid-terms and with totally satisfactory results. Did a term-test in QMII that didn't go to well due to our very limited but I haven't gotten back the results yet so shouldn't say too much yet but fortunately  only the best one of both term-tests counts and the first one went pretty well.

- Found a pretty awesome website earlier today: http://www.artofmanliness.com. I'm almost considering getting a safety razor or maybe even a real razor blade now, maybe a fedora as well although I don't really know if it's something that suits me. Also need to make sure to buy a pipe soon to, saw some in Indonesia but never bought one. Don't know why but there's a lot of people (the one's that think they are men) that need to practice what is displayed below.


- Also found a great application for Android: Ankidroid. It's a flashcard app and it's completely genius if you want to or need to learn a lot of things by memorizing them, think I'm going to use for the Chinese but also for learning some countries, cities, the periodic table, improve my English glossary and maybe some French.



- Ate a BBQ-buffet at the Swedish-Norwegian church earlier tonight, pretty nice!


- A few weeks ago I went and saw the Singaporean Chinese Orchestra, a Chinese orchestra is kind of like a western classical orchestra but they mainly use Chinese instruments instead which are a bit different compared to our western instruments. The theme of the concert was "Childhood happiness" and there where a lot of children songs and also a Super Mario medley, so pretty awesome!

- I'm trying to take more pictures of the real Singaporean food but I keep forgetting or rather most of the time I remember just when I finish my meal. But anyway this morning I forgot to take a picture of my meatball and noodle soup (they're not like Swedish meatballs just so you know) but I took a picture at the hawker at least! I ate the food stall with the red sign over it (in the middle of the picture).

- Yesterday I went and saw some of my Wushu club mates compete in the Wushu IVP. Pretty cool too see an actual competition! I was suggested earlier in the week to learn drunken boxing and after seeing some drunken boxing performances I'm starting to get more used to the idea. The guy in the picture is not from my club though...
- This week I've unfortunately had a cold and been unable to train, although the official training sessions now are over for the semester I hope to get back on it tomorrow.

- I'm applying for a winter school in particle physics and cosmology! NTU and CERN are holding a joint venture in January where lecturers from CERN will come to Singapore and NTU and hold a workshop between 9th and 31st of January. Yes, I know what you're thinking; it's totally frikkin' awesome! Also had to get two recommendation letters for the applications so I talked to the two physics professors that are closest to me, one is already involved in the venture and will just make a standard letter for all NTU applicants, the other one is the prof that is the head of my research group and receiving his letter was real ego boost actually. It's like: "Am I really that awesome?", okay, it's nothing extreme but it's still nice to hear what you're good at and what people notice!

                     

There's probably more things to write about but I'm realizing that the post is starting to become a bit long now so I will end it here for now.



2 comments:

  1. Äntligen!!!! En uppdatering - saknat dina inlägg i cyberspacen.
    Kram Mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Säger som Lena, äntligen :D

    ReplyDelete