2012/03/30

Visitors from far, far away

Last week my beloved parents flew around the globe to come visit me here in Singapore. A week with a lot sights, relaxing and eating, not to mention a lot of walking. This also gave me the opportunity of doing some of the more touristy things that I hadn't done yet.



Botanic Gardens, National Orchid Garden, Singapore flyer, Raffles Hotel (and a really overpriced Singapore Sling at the Long bar), Jurong Birdpark, Sentosa, and of course touring through the different districts like Chinatown, Little India (which kind of chocked mom and dad due to all the people), Orchard, Marina Bay, Arab District and of course my neighborhood in Chinese Garden and NTU.



One of the funny things I noticed was that the food they appreciated more seemed to be the food that I am beginning to consider dull and bland, but they had an open mind and tried a lot of new things, kudos! I also got to try some new things a for example chili crab, but I can't say that it's worth it, it's good but compared to all the other good food you can get in Singapore it's no way near being worth the money.


Haven't you heard about the word?


Outside the Lee Wee Nam library on campus, the covered walkway and tables under left was actually a pretty common Skype-location for me last semester.


We also had lunch together with Shifu, Dim Sum in Chinatown!


All in all, a lot of the things you're "supposed" to do as a tourist in Singapore isn't really worth the money but having your parents come visit you is great and I also realized when they where here that I'm going home pretty soon, it's only 37 days left now actually!

Thank you mom and dad for visiting me and I hope you had as great of a time as I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment