2011/11/11

Examperiod!

Had the semester's last lecture today, one week until first exam and then then I have a pretty intense period of 4 exams, free just over a week and then the 2nd December I have number theory and then I leave for India!

I've been thinking about how my courses are going to get accredited since my classical mechanics and solid state physics are from 2nd year. I think the content of the classical mechanics is okay but I wonder if it's going to count as advanced points (which I need a certain number of) and my solids course only covers half the content of the corresponding one in Linköping, I can probably just take the more advanced solid state physics next semester but I feel that it's not just that interesting at the moment. I'd rather take more pure physics courses but we will see how I will solve it. And should I take the level 2 Chinese? Not sure, the level 1 is pretty fun but, as all language courses, it takes up a lot of focus since you have to work with often (although not for long most of the time). Hmmmm! Below is at the lunch after our last Chinese class with some of the classmates (tongxue) from the Chinese.



I also learned today that I'm going to be co-author of the paper we're going to present from our current research, feel a little bad about it though since I'm not going to be here in December when the others are talking about doing a more intense period, of course I can do some work when I'm away as well but it's not the same. One funny thing I managed to contribute with is using spectral analysis, which I learned from our signal processing courses in Linköping, to analyze the entanglement entropy dynamics of the systems we are working with, so I've contributed with something at least!

Thinking about how to bring everything around on my trip I've come to the conclusion that my Samsonite probably will be a bit clumsy so I probably need to buy a proper backpack. Anyone has any suggestions on what to get? I assume they don't have the same assortment down here so what brands are good and so on?

Haven't done that much proper photographing lately, gotta' get shootin' you know! It's a bit boring with all current pictures only being from the smartphone but I'm going to improve!

But let's finish with a picture of some Yong Tau Foo (it's like food stalls where you make your own soup by picking ingredients)


Au revoir!

3 comments:

  1. Fortsätt med kinesiskan!!!
    //Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Han är inte bara lång - han har skägg också", citat pappa!

    ReplyDelete